This summer, the Alberta Open Government Program celebrated the fifth anniversary of our Open Government Portal. What we are celebrating is a portal that provides access to Alberta data, publications, graphs and charts that the government creates.
- That the number of datasets that we launched in our first version of the portal has grown from approximately 280 datasets to over 2,440 datasets.
- The addition of government publications in 2015 continues to grow – at last count, there were over 12,000 government publications covering a wide range of topics including the environment, ministry annual reports, natural resources, agriculture, health, arts and culture.
- A mobile apps page which features apps built with Alberta data (e.g. baby names, apps contest winners, etc.).
- An open data visualization gallery featuring social, economic and environmental data.
- The availability of Alberta legislation on the portal – Albertans can search for laws (along with publications and datasets) in a centralized location to provide the full picture and make discovery of data and information easier.
As we move into our sixth year of the Alberta Open Government Portal, we look forward to adding even more government data and publications to our portal. What additional datasets would you like us to make available? Let us know by filling out our Suggest a Resource form.