Publications

Cathodic protection technician competency profile [2013]

Description

Apprenticeship is post-secondary education with a difference. Apprenticeship begins with finding an employer. Employers hire apprentices, pay their wages and provide on-the-job training and work experience. Approximately 80 per cent of an apprentice’s time is spent on the job under the supervision of a certified journeyperson or qualified tradesperson. The other 20 per cent involves technical training provided at, or through, a post-secondary institution – usually a college or technical institute. To become certified journeypersons, apprentices must learn theory and skills, and they must pass examinations. Requirements for certification including the content and delivery of technical training—are developed and updated by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board on the recommendation of Communication Technician Provincial Apprenticeship Committee.

Tags
Apprenticeship Post secondary education cathodic protection metal work trades

Title and publication information

Alternative Title

Cathodic protection technician competency profile, 21013 (2013)

Extent

44 pages

Frequency

Once

Publisher / Creator Information

Publisher

Enterprise and Advanced Education (2012-2013)

Place of Publication

Edmonton

Subject Information

Resource Dates

Date Created

2013-01-01

Date Added

2015-06-03T18:15:52.599859

Date Modified

2013-01-01

Date Issued

2013-01-01

Audience information

Identifiers

ISBN (pdf)

9781460107027

NEOS catalogue key

6199221

Local Identifier

21013

Usage / Licence

Contact

Contact Name

Innovation and Advanced Education

Contact Other

780-422-5400